Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that.Ephesians 5

Friday, September 12, 2014

Woah

Thursday

It's 10:30 am and I am already maxed out on information consumption. We got up and were at the school early this morning. I got to talk to the director and meet some of the other staff and some of the kids. We walked around there for a while and then Vic (the father of the family I am living with) sent me and Chase (13 year old girl in the family) to the market to grab some things. Chase made me ask where everything was, so I guess that counts as my spanish lesson of the day. Later some of Micah's friends (17 year old girl) came over to play volleyball in the front yard and make pizza for dinner. Although I had no idea what they were saying, it was fun being able to hang out with some other girls my age.






Friday

Today we went to the North Coast where Kids Alive has another school location. This is also where most of the tourism is located so after visiting the village and school we were able to check out the beach! We came back late afternoon and were able to just chill out until dinner. Tomorrow we are planning to go on a waterfall hike in the morning. 



So far everything has been extremely overwhelming and exhausting but it's all in a good way! I love it and I can't wait to start to get into more of routine next week. It's a lot to take in in just a couple days but any type of adjustment like this needs some time. I am faithful that everything will get more normal as time goes on. 




No comments:

Post a Comment